HANDGUN DEFENSE 2 COURSE
The 1 day Handgun defense 2 course is an adaptive course designed to give the intermediate shooters the proper handgun fundamentals. Starting with students mindset, the class focuses on the foundation of accuracy, acceptable accuracy under stress, and how to balance speed and accuracy .This course develops critical skills using their handgun. The Defense handgun 2 course teaches students to operate their handgun at higher level, providing them with practical and retainable skills intended to increase their level of effectiveness and decrease reaction time. Individuals will be instructed in and expected to work thru complex situations that will instill confidence and produce reflexive memory.
Students will learn the cycle of operation of their weapon, be able to perform basic and intermediate levels of maintenance and care, translate the fundamentals of marksmanship into performance, refine the most efficient way to load, unload, and operate the weapon systems, draw, employ and engage threats from concealment, learn the threat sequence in order to present the most effective weapon system on target for engaging single and multiple threats, shooting effectively while moving, retention and operation of weapons during close quarters conflict.
COST : 250$
- Covered Material
- Safety brief
- Gear set up
- The 7 fundamentals of defensive shooting
- 3 core defensive fundamentals
- Drawing from a holster
- CCW defensive Drills
- Defensive shooting Positions
- Shooting behind barricades
- Defensive Reaction drills
- Students provide their own ammo: 500 rounds of Handgun ammo are needed.
- Student need to bring a working gun and cleaning kit.
- Each student needs to bring 3 good magazines and magazine pouches.
- Clothing suited for the day
- Wet weather gear/ cold weather gear
- Ear protection / Eye protection
- Baseball hat is recommended
- A good belt to support your equipment
- Weapons lube and cleaner
- Water or hydration device
- Knee pads and gloves are optional