DEFENSIVE CARBINE 2
The one day defensive Carbine 2 course is an adaptive course designed to give the beginner shooter the proper carbine and handgun fundamentals, the class focuses on the basic fundamentals of proper grip, sight alignment and sight picture. The class will adapt for students as they progress thru the day adding more stress and how to balance speed and accuracy.
students will be required to perform in less-than-ideal shooting positions against threats. This course is physically demanding and the pace maybe higher than some students may have experienced before. We try to apply as much stress as possible to hone skills on the gun user under closer to real world Scenarios.
This course is open to anyone, at any skill level, who wants to enhance their skills with a pistol. Itus defense has developed a system for teaching students the foundation skill sets and mindset required to become a better shooter. We cover everything from gun safety to the laws around owning, carrying and operating a handgun, the fundamentals of relative and defensive marksmanship, as well as reloading and malfunction clearing in a safe learning environment!
COST : 225$
- Safety Brief
- Gear selection and placement
- Establishing a zero
- 7 fundamentals of defensive shooting
- 3 Core Fundamentals
- Accuracy Drills
- Balance of Speed and Accuracy
- Speed reloads / Tactical reloads
- Defensive Movement Drills
- Defensive shooting positions
- Transition drills
- Team drills
- Students provide their own ammo: 600 rounds ammo 5.56×45, 5.45.-x36, 300 blackout, 762×39, 762×51(308).
- 250 rounds of handgun ammo 9mm, 40cal, 45 autos
- Student need to bring a working gun and cleaning kit. Each student needs to bring 3 good magazines and magazine pouches for the hand gun and rifle.
- Clothing suited for the day
- Wet weather gear/ cold weather gear
- Ear protection / Eye protection
- Baseball hat is recommended
- A good belt to support your equipment
- Weapons lube and cleaner
- Water or hydration device
- Knee pads and gloves are optional